Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Variation on the Last Card



I really liked how well the flowers and the sentiment went together on that last card.  But I thought the Neon inks needed more pride of place. So I did a variant layout on a black card:




I swiped the Hero Arts Neon inks DTP, then stamped the flowers in Versafine Onyx Black and fussy-cut them out.  I white heat-embossed the sentiment on the inside of the card behind a cutaway.  

It occurs to me now, I should have stamped and embossed the flowers in white, to match the sentiment. Oh well.  Still came out pretty good.  If I feel up to it I might try it again -- but not tonight. :)

I will also enter this one in the Casology Neon Challenge.



6 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello! I haven't seen a card designed like this, so well done!

I absolutely LOVE bold black with your images and colors!

Thanks for joining in the FUN at CASology this week!

Meg said...

Wow - this card has some definite Kapow! I love it.

Ardyth said...

Love the pops of colour and the great cut out design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Julia Aston said...

Your bright colored flowers look great against the black - love the cut out corner design to show the sentiment inside!

Meghan said...

You can't go wrong with black and neon! Love it! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, the flowers really stand out against the black! Fabulous combo!