Monday, July 22, 2013

Card Camp Week 3, Day 1


We got new sketches to work from and a new color scheme for the week -- dark and light purple, light blue, and brown.

I have a complete set of paper and embellishments from K & Co., called Abrianna, that I've been wanting to work with. I noticed the whole line has a lot of purples and blues, so I knew it would be good for this color scheme. I liked the third sketch we were given, so I used that. Here is my card:




I altered the sketch somewhat to fit the embellishment I had, which was that layered diecut.  Which I was delighted to see exactly matched one of the papers in the stack.  Before Card Camp, I took Online Card Classes' "Pattern Play" class as a self-paced course, and one of the things I've been enjoying from that is mixing patterned paper with kraft cardstock, which I did here.  It comes across very earthy and bohemian, I like it.

I added the anniversary sentiment because it is one of my longer one-line sentiments, and because this card seemed especially festive.  Once I was mostly done, I noticed the two tiny flowers on the sheet of diecuts I got the big embie from, so I added them too.  Why not?

I really like how this one came out.  What do you think?

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

So very pretty!! Love those papers!!

StephInOK said...

It's a gorgeous card!