Sunday, July 21, 2013

SCC2 Week 2, Day 4

The task for this day was a challenge -- use your holiday-themed stamps on a non-holiday card.  A good challenge, makes you look at your materials in a new way.  This is what I came up with:





This is the Poinsettia background stamp from Stampendous, and I colored it in the weekly color scheme: light green, olive green, turquoise, cream and brown.  I colored it with Copics.  The panel is mounted in colored paper from the DCWV "Weathered Aspect" 6x6 pad.

It did seem to need a little something.  You can't really tell in the picture, but i blinged up the center of the flowers with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen, and that gives it a little shine.  This one doesn't seem to need a sentiment to me, it's just a note card.  If needed in the future, I can always put a sentiment banner on it later.

1 comment:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!