Saturday, July 14, 2012

Class Day 4, Part 2

This next card is my attempt to  replicate Jennifer's style in her first card of giving a clean graphic stamp a grungy, distressed look:


I did not have the patience for all the layered embossing, so I used materials that looked distressed -- a thick, textured paper, and duh, Distress Inks. :)

This stamp is from Bo Bunny. It is the mate of the little, lacy medallion on the last card set. (Bo Bunny produces a single small set of clear stamps to coordinate with their paper collections; this collection was called Gypsy, which is now discontinued.)  Since it is a clear stamp, Distress (and indeed most) inks puddle up on it when you ink it, so that in itself give it a distressed look.

The paper is from Core-dinations. It has a thick linen sort of surface and is designed to be torn and sanded, so the stamp did not stamp very evenly on it; thus, distressed. I stamped the sentiment with black Staz-On ink as I wanted it, by contrast, to be as dark and clear as possible -- not distressed.

And of course I had to add some bling.  Love that bling! Embellishments may be my favorite part of papercrafting, so many options. (After stamps, of course.) I have designed entire cards around a favored embellishment.

So of course, this card is not near as elaborate as Jennifer's, and does not include her advanced techniques. But I feel it has replicated the aesthetic to my satisfaction. Here is a not-bad attempt at a close-up:


Today, Saturday, was a bonus day in the class, showing some amazing cards using stamp and die-cut combinations.  So I'm still behind, but what fun to catch up!

1 comment:

Kirsten Corby said...

Oh, the Distress Inks are Wild Honey and Faded Jeans.