Thursday, July 19, 2012

Card Class - Stamping on Glitter

I quite liked Jennifer's "swing" card design, but I didn't think the stamp I chose really fit that circular design.  I would like to try it with something else, however.

Here is my attempt at stamping with glitter.




This picture is kind of dark, but strangely, you can see the glitter sparkling best in it.  I used DCVW glittered cardstock which I had, which has a thick lacquer on the top that keeps the glitter quite intact. I think you can even use it for Operation Write Home. (You'll want to verify that.)

I stamped in Staz-On and colored with alcohol markers, although in hindsight I think Sharpies might have been a better choice, more permanent.  Sprayed with a spray fixative.

The coloring did not turn out so great, it may be that you have to make your own glittered paper as Jennifer does. It might look good to try some tone-on-tone stamping on different colors of the cardstock, if I had Staz-On in other colors than black, which I don't. So this is it for glitter stamping, for now.


No comments: