Friday, July 13, 2012

Card Class day 4

I haven't been able to keep up with this card class as much as the last one, but I hope to catch up this weekend.

These two cards are inspired by the card Lisa Spangler did for day 4, graphic stamps:


These cards look simple, but they took me all night! Because they were so simple, everything had to be right.

I was very concerned that all the colored squares be exactly the same size and shape, so I cut them with a 2-inch Nestabilities square die in the Big Shot.  If you've read my posts on die-cutting in the class forums, you know I'm not too enamored of that machine. But it did work as expected here -- and even embossed the border in the squares a little. I actually didn't want that, so I used the back sides of the squares.

I was very careful of the inking, placement, and embossing of the squares, as that was the central technique.  It had to be perfect, or nearly. I threw a few of them out along the way.


This first card is the way Lisa did it, white embossing. Three of the stamps are from a Hero Arts set, and the fourth from a Hampton Arts set.


This stamp, which is from Bo Bunny, I am very fond of, so I thought it needed a little more -- silver embossing and larger gems. Glad i had gems in all the right colors. (Actually, not so unusual -- cool blues and greens are my favorite color scheme, so I have a lot of things like that in my stash.)

The squares are popped up on 1/8 inch pop dots.

I also fussed around a lot with the placement of the squares.  That took a while.

I hope you like them.  I think they turned out well.  I hoped to get more done tonight, but at least these are done right.

Oh, the card base is from Studio G and the paper squares are an ordinary Recollections budget paper pack.  But nice colors.

No comments: