Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Card Class, Day 2


Here is a project from day 2 of my card-making class. The lesson was to make One-Layer Cards -- ink and stamps only, no extra layers of paper, no embellishments. And to use a "triangle" layout that would guide the reader's eyes around the page.


The instructor's card was very dramatic, with large flowers, leading off the page. My stamps aren't as large, so I thought stamping off the edges would just make them look unbalanced. Was I right? Who can say? I can try it again that way, tomorrow. One-Layer Cards are easy to make.

I won't be able to keep this pace up for the duration of the class -- two weeks -- but for now it's fun, and uploading these pictures has been far easier than I expected. I bought my husband a good new camera for Christmas -- a Canon Powershot -- so that helps.

6 comments:

Barb said...

great colors on this one! :)

Kirsten Corby said...

Thank you. sage and turquoise is one of my favorite color combinations. I have a skirt in those colors, my favorite.

Kimberly said...

Love that green color and the stamps are super cute!

Kirsten Corby said...

The stamps are from Bo Bunny, from their Gypsy line.

Cyndie said...

Your cards are coming out great! Nice color choices, and that glittered button card is awesome! Love your funny cat pictures too!

Anke (anke-art) said...

Your concerns about the card are exactly like mine because I didn't have large stamps. I actually bought some the other day so I can re-craft my card.
Your colors are awesome, and I'd have a weird suggestion: Cut the card, leaving only two thirds of your green element. This might jazz it up a bit.