Saturday, February 09, 2013

CAS 2, Day 8, More Inking Techniques


Yes, I am jumping around. I am very behind, and doing what catches my eye.

In Day 9 Jennifer McGuire showed us how to make a rainbow ink pad from cut-n-dry felt and reinkers. Which certainly looks fun, but I don't have enough reinkers to do that. I do have a few rainbow ink pads, though, so I made some cards with them, like this:




I stamped this card with my ColorBox Petal Point pinwheel ink pad, like this, although the primary colors. The stamp is from Inkadinkado and is supposed to be a doily, although in this color scheme it looks more like a mandala to me.  I stamped it and heat-embossed it with clear powder. The card is from Doodlebug Design, and has a scallop at the bottom, so I inked and added a strip of paper under it in the same colors. I treated the colored strip with some Judikins Microglaze, so it wouldn't smudge up the inside front cover of the card. There is a rainbow-colored rhinestone in the middle of the mandala.

No sentiment; when it comes time to use this card I will stamp an appropriate sentiment inside.

Becuse of the scallop on the front it won't stand up straight, so i had to photograph it lying down.

No comments: