Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Floral Cards

I was never much a fan of floral imagery in any design -- clothes, furniture --but lately I have taken a bit of a liking to floral stamps.  As long as they are not huge overstuffed cabbage roses or daisies or anything else so nakedly sentimental, or Victorian. I hate Victoriana with a passion.

But here is an ATC for my wildflower swap with Jennifer's "faux freehand" technique from the class, where you stamp in a light ink and draw over it:



When, I first started with it, I thought, oh hell no, this looks like a child drew it. But once it was finished I liked it better. The script overstamping helps it look more polished.

This is Hero Art's "Agapanthus" stamp. (I don't think agapanthus are really wildflowers, I think they are cultivated garden flowers, but this stamp looks pretty wild to me, so OK.)

And here is the same stamp over a background of Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls.  Sadly you can't see the Perfect Pearls well in any of the photos -- it is gold and copper.





Plenty more floral techniques to try, so expect some more tomorrow.  I was not inspired by the day of label stamps, so I'm going to skip over that.  In fact I don't think I have any, anyway.

2 comments:

stampini (Lynda M) said...

Like you I avoid foral images. I just can't do it unless the technique is Simple. I thought this would be simple. I will need to practice it more. Your card turned out really well. Colors are lovely and the overstamping pulls it all together. And all on ATC- sized card.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Very nice...I love your creation...beautiful colours...thanks for sharing !