Saturday, July 21, 2012

Card Class Last Day

Hey, great news! At the end of the Online Card Class, the instructors Jennifer and Kristina pick out and link their favorite cards made by the students.  And they picked one of my cards!  My sentiment card, here.

Which, you know, I don't even think is my best card of the class.  But still, yay!  It's great to get some independent validation of my craft, especially when there are such talented people in the class.

Here is my latest card, featuring a reverse stamp, which is the last kind of stamp we learned about in class:



I had always admired this peacock stamp from Inkdinkadoo, and finally bought it when it went on sale.  But as pretty as it was, I wasn't sure how to use it, until now.  Here it is stamped and the unstamped parts, the image proper, colored with Prismacolor colored pencils. I embossed the card base with my Cuttlebug peacock feather embossing folder, which is one of my favorites.

By "reverse" stamp, by the way, they mean the negative space of the image, the empty space, is what you are stamping down, so that the positive space, the image itself, remains unstamped.  This gives a very different feel than a traditional image stamp, as you can see.  Isn't it great that stamps are so versatile?


No comments: