Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kraft Cards for Challenges

Here is a card I am submitting or the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge 76.




The CFC challenge is to use kraft paper, and since I just bought a pack of kraft cards, it was a natural.  These copper foil leaves have been in my stash for forever.

This card took a couple tries to get good. Here is the first one:




I had just bought these leaf gems at Michaels, so I was eager to use them.  And I heat-embossed the sentiment in gold, but it does not show up well on the kraft paper. That, plus, the black tree, the gold sentiment, the different colored leaves -- it's too much.  (I'm not submitting this version of the card for the challenges, just showing it for illustrative purposes.)

So I started again, with the copper foil leaves. And as I did, I suddenly decided I liked the single leaf falling better -- it was like a statement, the last leaf of autumn falling.

But the first version of that card I stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia, and didn't get a great impression of the tree. The final one, above, uses Memento Tuxedo Black ink for the tree (Which is Recollections) and the sentiment (Annie's Attic.) The leaf sticker is also Recollections.

I will have another kraft card in the next post as well.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hi Kirsten! I love how you've offset the tree to so it is stamped off the edge of the card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!