Wednesday, October 17, 2012

CASual Friday 74



Whew! This card may look clean and simple, but it was a nightmare to make! It wore me out.






It is for CASual Friday Challenge 74.  To use a heart.

I will write more about it tomorrow. Right now I just want to get it up onto the challenge. Whew.

Here's another view.




UPDATE: Here's what happened.

I wanted to make this card as CAS as I could, and I wanted to play around with my new favorite Designer Woodgrain stamp from Hero Arts, to make a card suitable for a man, or a couple. I could see it in my mind so clearly, the crisp white card with the crisp red heart impression.

I cut a heart shape out with my Cricut and used the leftover paper, the negative space, as a mask to stamp the woodgrain stamp onto the card.  But I couldn't get a clean impression through the mask!  I tried five different times, and it never came through.

Then I turned the inked stamp face up, lay the mask on it, and lay the card on the mask, and rolled it with a brayer. That got a clean impression, finally! -- but I could never get it lined up right. It was always off-center.

So finally, completely frustrated, I took one of the clearer, but hopelessly off-center, impressions, fussy-cut the heart and stuck it on another card.  It was the best I could do.

And the card does have a little bling on it, because my cards always have to have a little bling on them. I love bling.

So that's that.  I have never had such a hard time trying to create such a simple card.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful big red heart. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)