Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hurricane Whatberto?




Damn, I almost fell off my chair yesterday evening when I saw on CNN.com that there was a tropical storm off ther coast of Texas! WTF? Where did that come from?

Now, today,it's a Cat 1! It formed, spun up to hurricane strength and made landfall, all in 24 hours. Glad it didn't come over this way, we would have been caught completely flat-footed.

It is heading this way, but over land now. It is pitch-black and raning right now in Mid-City already. One of our patrons just talked to her cousin in Lafayette, where it is torrentially raining and street-flooding.

"OK, stop," I told her. "You're scaring me now."

It's not just pets and little kids who freak out around here when the weather gets bad. Everyone does it. Flashing back.

1 comment:

tweeboowee said...

scares me too....my family is in abbeville, and they were freaking out b/c thats right near the gulf. i liked reading the blog. keep it up.